Tuesday, June 30, 2009

happiness

It is said that happiness is a state of mind....sure no doubts,but what about the ambience?Does it play no role?If that were so,why is it that most of the retreats that one finds to unwind are usually away from the hustle and bustle of the city?I read a book on Vipassana and this question comes in my mind because I am often mesmerized by the beauty of the mountains and irritable with clutter around me.I haven't yet reached a state of complete equanimity.....but the journey is on.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jayshree Mam,
    We all inspires each other . The difference is - an honest and true person acknowledge it while others don't.
    You will find me as a brother, colleague, companion, co-passenger, friend and critic(positive) in your journey.
    Yogesh Sharma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi..
    To me happiness is anything that brings instant joy. It could be an old melody playing on FM, a dog wagging its tail and looking lovingly into my eyes, an impromptu jig by my maid to pacify my child, a simple 'I love you' hug by my special needs kid or a gentle reassuring clasping of my husband's hands in difficult times or a riotous nonsense poem composed by my son. You do not need to be in beautiful surroundings to feel happiness. All you need to do is just keep your eyes wide open for the little joyful moments around you and celebrate them as soon as you spot them. I can assure you it is immensely gratifying!

    ReplyDelete